Everything you need to know about a CRM System
SME Knowledge Series on Marketing 1.3
If you’ve been in the industry for a brief period of time, you must be aware of the fact that it’s very important to keep your customers satisfied to keep making revenues for the company. The process of keeping a track or check on the customers understand their demands and requirements, is done by a system which is very popularly called as Customer Relationship Management System.
What is Customer Relationship Management – CRM?
Customer Relationship Management is an art, which takes a set of brilliant minds to manage the organization’s relationship with its customers. The customer’s feedback or prospective refers to customer relationship management. The entire process is not a one man’s job, it includes various strategies and techniques to maintain a beneficial, successful yet a very healthy relationship with the clients or customers. The list of customers not only includes the existing clients but potential clients as well. Maintaining a healthy relationship is somewhere dependent upon the fact that the team of CRM has to make sure that they reach out to every customer and listen to their queries, requirements, and feedback.
Now, we all have one thought on our mind, what is the need for Customer Relationship Management?
Every organization needs a CRM system because the system consists of a historical view and the analysis of all acquired or to be acquired customers who lessen downs the burden of searching and contacting the leads.
CRM is responsible to acquire each and every detail of the customer and store it under their respective names for easy tracking. This information is definitely used to determine whether the customer would be profitable to the organization or not.
After the organization has identified the leads, CRM starts acting upon converting the new leads into potential customers and potential customers into customers. They make sure that they spend an equal amount of time on every customer so that better results are shown for the organization.
This “Opportunity of Business” is what CRM runs on to keep track of the leads and convert them into a successful customer. One of the most crucial points comes in the organization when they feel like they are wasting their revenues on something, which is of no use.
In that sense, CRM works as a perfect cost-effective system, which needs almost no manual work or paperwork, just brilliant mindset, creative thinking, technology and communication skills.
The technology used by the CRM system is also very affordable and cost-effective.
In a nutshell, the reason why every company needs CRM is to make sure that no customer goes back with an unsatisfactory comment or feedback. And mouth to mouth publicity; one satisfied customer brings five potential customers for the company.
Now, when you’re aware of what is customer relationship management and why do you need it?
Let’s get onto how can you maintain customer relationship?
- Understand business goals: The aim of putting CRM into action is to help the company or brand achieve its goals effectively. The company needs to come on common ground with its employees to determine what their company goals are.
- Know your customers: By this time, you’re already aware of the fact that how much power customers hold over you. Keeping them satisfied is the real deal when it comes to maintaining a healthy relationship between customers and the brand. Listen to them, ask their queries, ask for their feedback. You can use social media to interact with them. By doing this, it will assure the customers that the brand is ready to listen to them.
- Conduct surveys: It’s very beneficial if your team decides to conduct surveys on a regular basis. This is important because you need to have knowledge about how and on what the market works. So surveys are a safe and well effective method to know that.
- Interview and onboard your employees: Your employees are the ones that will be putting the strategies into place which makes I necessary to get them on board and make them clear about how and when do you want to pursue with your strategies. Interview them; ask them if they have any queries or questions regarding your strategies and if they do clear them. It’s very essential for the CRM head to win the employees’ trust. Empowering them with accountability and ownership will keep them motivated and move your CRM strategy in the right direction.
- Analyze and Improve: You have to understand that there is always a scope of improvement even when you feel there isn’t. So once you’ve conducted surveys, spoken to your employees, understanding the business goals, etc., analyze the situation and make sure you start improving on the areas you thinks you’re lacking behind.
Once you’ve figured out on why is customer relationship management system important, focus on how to maintain the CRM system. Start measuring the performance on a periodic basis and always be ready to change just in case things don’t work out how the way you planned. Always keep in mind that people and processes are just as important as the software itself.
Keep following us in our SME Knowledge Series…
Coming up next:
“Managing a CRM system for business benefit”